SITXFSA101 Use hygiene practices for food safety
SITXFSA201 Participate in safe food handling practices
What does the Food Supervisor do?
The food supervisor is responsible for developing and implementing food safety programs in compliance with the Queensland Food Act 2006.
Who should do this course?
This course is designed for all people supervising food operations in the hospitality and retail industry and includes the required modules for the nominated Food Safety Officer.
How much does it cost?
The total cost is $140-$169 per person, payable in advance. You can complete the course online now.
What are the prerequisites for the course?
There are no prerequisites for this course but as the nominated food safety officer you are expected to have an understanding of food hygiene practices.
Course Content: Duration 4-5 Hrs
- Food safety hazards are monitored and controlled as required by the food safety program
- Where food safety control requirements are not met, the non-conformance is promptly reported and corrective action is taken
- Food safety information is recorded to meet requirements of the food safety program
- Processes or conditions which could result in a breach of food safety procedures are identified and reported
- Corrective action is taken in accordance with the food safety program
- Use food safety program information to find advice on food safety responsibilities relating to own work
- Monitor food safety hazards as required by the food safety program. This may include methods such as visual inspection, sampling and testing
- Record results of monitoring and maintain records as required by the food safety program
- Identify if food safety requirements or parameters are not met within level of responsibility
- Take corrective action as required by food safety program within level of responsibility
- Report practices or processes in own work that could result in unsafe food
- Follow procedures to identify, separate and report product which is or may be non-conforming and/or implement other necessary corrective action within level of responsibility
- Participate in investigating and reporting on unsafe food as identified by internal monitoring and/or customer complaints
Literacy, Numeracy and Special Needs
LGS Training is committed to assisting students with differing abilities to succeed.
Should you require any special assistance such as literacy or numeracy help, disability access or other physical or learning needs, please let us know at the time of booking. We can provide an oral assessment for learners with language or literacy difficulties. With prior approval from the training manager an interpreter may accompany learners during training.
LGS Training partners with a number of registered training organisations to deliver our accredited training. Our online courses are delivered by www.etrainu.com (RTO No. 31345) on behalf of LGS Training. You will be redirected to the etrainu website to complete the registration form for the online courses listed on this page. During the registration process, you will be asked to provide some personal information, necessary for your certificate, and you can then begin the course immediately.